Davies Creek Mountain Bike Park is a network of flowing trails winding along the shadowed slopes of the Lamb Range. This park includes lengths and grades suitable for all riders to navigate granite outcrops, cross clear streams and traverse forests of bloodwoods, stringybarks, she-oaks, cycads and grass trees.
|Location:||Davies Creek Road is accessed from the Kennedy Highway, approximately 13 klms from Mareeba [-16.979131, 145.551639]|
|Distance:||24.5 klms total network of 7 trails|
|Grade:||Varies - includes easy, intermediate and some sections include black (difficult) alternative sections.
Reference: Key to trail grades
|Map:||Davies Creek Mountain Bike Park [PDF]|
|Park Alerts:||Check Park Alerts for the current status of Davies Creek Mountaik Bike Trails|
|1||10.6 klms||Allow 30 to 60 mins riding time||Trail_1.kmz|
|2||1.7 klms||Allow 2 to 5 mins riding time||Trail_2.kmz|
|3||4.0 klms||Allow 20 to 40 mins riding time. |
This trail has a 3 black (difficult) alternative section
|4||1.9 klms||Allow 10 to 20 mins riding time||Trail_4.kmz|
|5||3.6 klms||Allow 10 to 20 mins riding time||Trail_5 kmz|
|7||2.7 klms||Allow 5 to 10 mins riding time||Trail_7.kmz|
Like us on Facebook
Conditions of Use and Trail Etiquette
- Obey all signage at Davies Creek Mountain Bike Park.
- Stay on the trails—riding off trails or short-cutting between trails is prohibited
- Dogs, horses and other vehicles are not permitted on the mountain biking network
- Walkers are welcome to use the mountain bike park trails in this network. For your safety, walk in the opposite direction of travel and give way to mountain bikers.
- All users must wear a certified helmet (Australian Standard Certified) at all times.
- Use appropriate riding equipment including: gloves, enclosed footwear and covered clothing.
- Slow down when approaching other track users. Alert others when approaching.
- Maintain at least 50 m between riders.
- Avoid skidding and sliding—this may result in collision with other trail users and damage to the trail surface.
- Service roads have limited access to the network. Be aware of road and trail crossings and give way to vehicles. If required, emergency vehicles may be able to access these service roads.
- Use may be restricted for safety reasons at various times or for special events.
- Spectators must remain at a safe distance from the Trails area at all times.
- Leave no trace! Take your rubbish with you when you leave.
Volunteer Trail Work
If you enjoy riding the mountain bike trails at Davies Creek Mountain Bike Park and would like to contribute to the ongoing maintenance of the trails, contact Mareeba Mountain Goats.
Trail work is a fun, rewarding and a great way to meet fellow riders. Most importantly, it is a key element to keeping the trails in great condition.